The Minneapolis Thanksgiving Celebration Pow-wow and Feast will
serve at least 900+ people at the Minneapolis American Indian Center over the Thanksgiving weekend, from November
26 - 28, 2009. Highlights of this year's celebration event include:
* No admission fee or button sales, ensuring that all
families can attend regardless of their ability to pay -
* Honor stipends for dancers and drummers,
acknowledging the value of our traditions.
* A winter clothing give-away to help families and
their children stay warm this winter.
* Thanksgiving Pow-Wow T-Shirts, featuring our
proud turkey dancer who will carry
the message of our
community pow-wow wherever he goes.
* Continued strong partnerships with area
churches, who donate the Thanksgiving Day Feast.
* A second visit from Harriet,
a rehabilitated eagle from the raptor center.
* A prominent thanksgiving banner,
listing all of the donors to the event this year.
* The Pow-Wow Committee seeks and accepts